Sedation Dentistry in Renton
Finally, Put Your Dental Fears To Rest
Remove any fear of the dentist or dental anxiety with Renton sedation dentistry
Dr. Michele Taylor understands the fears associated with dentistry and is committed to your total body health. Avoiding the dentist’s office can harm not only your oral health but also your overall health in the long run. It could result in more complex, extensive dental work in the future.
You may have had a horrible experience with a dental office in the past or cannot stand the sounds and smells of a dental office. No matter your reasoning for avoiding the dentist, we offer sedation dentistry options to help.
How does it help?
Have Questions About Sedation Dentistry?
- Who can have sedation at the dental office?
Ideal candidates for sedation dentistry are people with real fear or anxiety that prevents them from going to the dentist.
Sedation may also be appropriate for those who:
- have a low pain threshold
- can’t sit still in the dentist’s chair
- have extremely sensitive teeth
- have a strong gag reflex
- require a significant amount of dental work
- Will sedation dentistry put me to sleep?You may hear the term “sleep dentistry;” however, sedation dentistry doesn’t make you fall asleep. Instead, it puts you in a deep relaxation where you may feel drowsy and forget about the visit altogether. You may FEEL like you were sleeping. Either way, you’ll feel your anxiety disappear while we get your smile healthy.
- Is it safe?Absolutely! All of our sedation methods are incredibly safe. Our dental team has received the training and education to administer sedation dentistry, and we always pursue continuing education to ensure we’re serving our patients with the best and updated care available.
- Can I drive home after having sedation dentistry?With oral sedation and IV sedation, you must arrange a ride home. With sedation, you’ll feel groggy and drowsy, making it very dangerous to drive back home. If you decide to have sedation dentistry, make sure you have a ride set up before and after your appointment.