Dental Crowns & Bridges
An Introduction to Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and bridges are recognized as fixed prosthetic restorations. Meaning that they are both cemented onto existing teeth or dental implants. They are used to entirely cover, “cap” damaged teeth or replace one or more missing teeth. At Denti Belli Dentistry, we only use the best materials in the fabrication of your new restorations to make sure your smile looks and feels natural.
- What is a dental crown?
Porcelain crowns are needed when a traumatic accident or decay severely damages the majority of the tooth’s natural structure. The crown protects the damaged tooth by restoring its strength and function. Besides strengthening a damaged tooth, a crown can improve appearance, shape or alignment.
A crown may be recommended to:
- Replace a large filling when not enough natural tooth structure remains
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a root canal treated tooth
- Cover a discolored or misaligned tooth
- Be an anchor for a bridge
Dr. Michele Taylor only uses high-quality porcelain (tooth-colored) crowns to create natural-looking results while restoring your tooth’s anatomy, bite, and structure. Working closely with her dental lab, Dr. Taylor ensures your new crown fits, feels, and functions precisely with your smile, looking natural and lifelike. Hardly anyone will notice you’ve received dental work.
- What are dental bridges?
Missing teeth? A bridge may be recommended by Dr. Taylor if you’re missing one or more teeth. They are an alternative tooth-replacement option when dental implants or dentures do not fit your needs or priorities. How does a dental bridge work? It involves cementing an artificial tooth between neighboring teeth by using multiple crowns. This placement covers up the gap (from the missing tooth) and is secure, so you can chew, speak, and smile with ease.
If left unrestored, the gaps left by missing teeth will eventually cause the adjacent teeth to shift resulting in a bad bite or TMJ problems.
Making Your Dental Visits Comfortable and Convenient
With her kind, gentle demeanor, Dr. Taylor will do everything possible to make your treatment a painless experience. We also offer sedation dentistry for those who want to ease anxiety and forget about the procedure.Learn About Sedation Dentistry
Denti Belli Dentistry has multiple financing options for you to choose from. These options include but are not limited to filing insurance on your behalf, Care Credit, Lending Club, and an In-House Insurance Plan for those that do not have insurance.Learn More
We want to help protect your investment! Which is why we only use the best materials and work with the best labs to ensure the longevity of your new restoration. As long as you keep up your at-home oral hygiene routine and visit our dental office every six months, your restoration can last up to a lifetime.Contact Us
Commonly Asked Questions About Dental Crowns & Bridges
- What can I expect with the dental crown and bridge procedure?
Getting a dental crown or bridge usually takes about two appointments to complete.
- First Appointment: The first visit involves prepping your tooth (crown) or adjacent teeth (bridge), taking impressions, and placing a temporary crown or bridge. Dr. Taylor will send your impressions to our dental lab where their skilled artists will craft and customize YOUR restoration.
- Second Appointment: Once the lab has completed your restoration, we will have you return for the second visit. This visit is usually shorter and involves removing the temporary, trying in your new restoration, making any adjustments necessary and cementing the final restoration in place.
- Does dental insurance cover crowns and bridges?
Every dental insurance is different. Typically, however, dental insurance will cover a portion of the recommended service. At Denti Belli Dentistry, we do accept most dental insurance and are more than happy to file claims on your behalf. Give us a call to learn about the extent of your coverage.
- What if I don't have dental insurance? Not a problem! We don’t want insurance to prevent you from getting the care you need. The Denti Belli Dentistry in-house plan can help you afford treatment, which includes 20% off all dental procedures. Go to our New Patient page to learn more about the benefits.
- How long do crowns and bridges last?
While bridges and crowns can last a lifetime, they can still develop decay around the margins of the restoration or they can sometimes fall out. One significant way to ensure the longevity of your new restoration is to practice good oral hygiene: brush twice daily and floss on a daily basis. It is also important to see your dental team regularly for check ups and professional cleanings.