You Were Told You Need a Tooth Extraction
Dental extractions may seem like a scary procedure, but the team at Denti Belli Dentistry will do everything it takes to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible. Although Dr. Taylor is not an oral surgeon, she specializes in the art of tooth extractions. She has undergone numerous hours of continuing education in the field of oral surgery to allow her to do many more complex cases without having to be referred to the specialist.
Why is a tooth extraction needed?
If a tooth has been broken or damaged by decay, sometimes, a filling or crown may be able to fix it. Sometimes, however, if the tooth has been too badly damaged from trauma or decay, an extraction would be the only alternative treatment.
Other reasons that Dr. Taylor, your dentist in Renton, WA may recommend an extraction are:
Commonly Asked Questions About Tooth Extractions
- Will a tooth extraction hurt?
Patients often tell us they didn’t feel anything during their tooth extraction. With Dr. Taylor’s gentle touch combined with modern technology and sedation dentistry, we’ll do everything possible to make your procedure a painless experience.
- How does it take a tooth extraction to heal?
It depends on the complexity of your extraction. Some are more simple than others with faster healing times. At the end of the procedure, we’ll provide postop care instructions to make the healing process as easy for you as possible.
Here are some protocols to follow after a tooth extraction:
- Follow the diet we recommend for a smooth recovery
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid drinking alcohol for the first 24 hours
- Do not drink out of a straw for the first 24 hours
- No heavy spitting for the first 24 hours
- Limit your activity level for the first 24 hours
- Brush and floss as normal but gently clean around the extraction site for the first few days
Have questions? Feel free to call us at 425-226-2684.
- I don't want a missing tooth. Are there other alternatives?
An extraction is the last resort when we cannot save the natural tooth. However, that does not mean you have to go through life with missing teeth. Dr. Taylor offers a wide range of dental services to replace missing teeth. This includes:
Unsure what you need? Contact our dental office in Renton, WA to schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss your options.